- Published by
- Posted on
- Leave your thoughts
In this tutorial we will illustrate a pair of boots. You will see the shape and the shininess of the boots. These have a gray color but you can select any color desired. Let’s get started!
1. Draw an ellipse by Pen Tool for the top of the boot.
2. Select the ellipse and adjust its color from Gradient pallet as shown.
3. Take a copy from the ellipse (Ctrl+D) and empty the inner color. Add Black=20% color to its outline.
4. Draw boot shape by Pen Tool.
5. Set stroke line to none and adjust inner color as Black=30%. Select the boot and go to the Object/Create Gradient Mesh. Set the row and column equal to 4 and enter the window.
6. Select a node located on the front of the boot by Direct Selection Tool and fill it with Black=20% from Color pallet.
7. Fill behind the nodes of the boot with Black=60% like in the last step.
8. Fill upper nodes of the boot with Black=60%.
9. Fill the upper and front nodes with Black=20%.
10. For the colors to appear better, you can move the nodes by Direct Selection Tool.
11. Draw a line by Pen Tool and set it from the line setting as With Profile 1. Take a copy from the line (Ctrl+D) and put it partially under the upper one. Fill it with Black=20%.
12. Draw a sole by Pen Tool.
13. Add a Gradient color to it as shown.
14. Draw a bigger shape than the sole, fill it with black color and put it under the boot.
15. By using Object/Arrange command, fit the last shape under the boot.
16. Take a copy from the sole and fill it with Black=20%. Put that under the sole but partially up from sole. Draw a white line at the middle of sole and set it as With Profile 1.
17.Draw a line on the upper. Go to the Object/Path/Outline Stroke. Add an appropriate gradient color to the shape.
18. Draw a shape separately and fill it with Gradient color as shown.
19. Take a copy from the last shape, which is partially bigger than the first, and put it under first shape. Change its color by Gradient Tool as shown.
20. Draw its pair as you did in the first steps: draw an ellipse by Pen Tool as the top of the boot.
21. Fill it with Gradient Tool as shown.
22. Take a copy from the last sketch, empty the inner color and fill its outline with Black=20%.
23. Draw the boot shape and fill it with Black=40%.
24. Select the shape and go to the Object/Create Gradient Mesh. Set the row and column equal to 4.
25. Select a node located on the front boot by Direct Selection Tool and fill it with Black=20% from Color pallet.
26. Complete the behind and the top of the boot like you did in the last steps.
27. Make the upper and front of the boot brighter.
28. Fit the boot and assemble top of it.
29. To make shadow of one to the other, draw a black shape and put it between the pair.
30. Go to the Effect/Blur/Gaussian Blur and set required blur as necessary.
31. Select last sketch, go to Appearance pallet and set Opacity=50.
32. Draw a sole by Pen Tool.
33. Fill it with black color.
34. To create some lugs, draw another shape at the side of the sole.
35. Fill it with appropriate Gradient color.
36. To draw a gray band as a midsole, take a copy from the black color located under lugs (Ctrl+D) and fill it with gray color. Put this gray shape in the connection of the midsole and the upper boot (Ctrl+]).
37. Draw a line at the middle of the sole and select With Profile 1 from line setting.
38. Fill the line with white color and set its location by Direct Selection Tool.
39. Draw a line on the upper part and set it as With Profile 1 from line setting.
40.Fill the upper line with gray color. Draw a shape on the body of boot as shown.
41. Fill it with appropriate Gradient color.
42. To add lighting and shadow on the shape, take a copy from the shape (Ctrl+D) and add an appropriate Gradient to it. Put this new shape under the last one (Ctrl+]). Adjust its size until the edges of light and shadow can be seen from both the top and beneath.
43. If you want the boots to have bright material, the bright lightings will appear and you should add them to the shape. Draw a shape at the side of the boot by Pen Tool and fill it with white color.
44. Go to Appearance pallet and set Opacity=50 for the last sketch.
45. Draw a lighting of one and fill it with white color.
46. Go to Appearance pallet and set Opacity=60 for the shapes.
47. Draw a lighting of the other and fill it with white color.
48. Go to Appearance pallet and set Opacity=60for the shapes.
49. Draw a white line on the heel corner and fill it with gray color.
50. Add shadow to the right boot like you did in steps 29-31. You’re done!